Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 16 - 2014 - Panthers


I don't really have a lot to say about yesterday's game.  The Browns lost to the Panthers, 17-13.  It was boring.  The Panthers ran the ball all over the Browns, again.  At this point the Browns run defense couldn't stop my 4 year old.  They are soft.  They get pushed around.  Donte Whitner can't tackle anybody.  They are terrible.  It is pathetic watching a team get out muscled, just physically dominated.  Pathetic.  The Panthers had the ball for 38 minutes.  They averaged 4.6 yards per carry on their 45 running plays.  They converted 9/16 on 3rd down.  They had 27 first downs to the Browns 8.  Dom. In. Ation.  It's amazing that the score was even as close as it was.

I'd have to say right now I was just flat out wrong about Johnny Manziel.  I'm not ready to completely write him off yet but he doesn't look like he has anything that is required to be an NFL quarterback.  I thought he could play from the pocket, nope.  I thought he could make plays with his feet, nope.  It doesn't look like he can read a defense.  His footwork is just disastrous.  He just turned 22, maybe he'll learn.  I don't know.  I wanted badly for him to be the answer.  Now there are just more questions.  To be honest it may be advantageous to resign Brian Hoyer for a couple years and let him run the team.  There's something I never thought I'd write.  But seriously I thought Manziel could be a Russell Wilson type player, after seeing the two yesterday they aren't even in the same Stratosphere.  Manziel has A LOT to learn if he's going to be successful.  Again, he's a 22 year old rookie and he may turn out okay but man these last two games have been rough.


It's hard to run an offense though if the interior of your offensive line gets blown up every play, and that's what happens to *insert shitty replacement center's name* and John Greco play after play.  It didn't matter if it was Seymour or McDonald, both of those guys are so incredibly awful it almost boggles the mind.  Again, we say it every week.  Football is won in the trenches, and the Browns got dominated by the Panthers. 

I won't even get into the awful special teams play, more stupid penalties, more lousy punting.  I've never seen a punter just put them into the end zone like Spencer Lanning.  Garbage.  Every game we lose special teams is a factor.  And we've now lost 8.


I don't want to talk about how Mike Pettine can't manage the clock and seems clueless on major decisions that head coaches have to make.  I don't want to talk about a defense that looks unprepared to take the field every week.  I don't want to talk about the bushleague officiating that took a clear touchdown off the board on the Billy Winn interception.  I don't want to.  Instead, here's my Browns Christmas Wish List.


  • I wish Brian Hoyer just would have played a little bit better, and we never would have seen Manziel this year and could have still had hope that we had our quarterback of the future.
  • I wish I could be satisfied with using our injuries as an excuse.  All teams have injuries.
  • I wish we had one defensive lineman who could make a play
  • I wish I could be happy with the fact that we have 7 wins, and that's pretty good considering what we expected going into the season.
  • I wish we didn't progressively get worse as the season went on.
  • I wish I understood how the return of an All-Pro receiver could ruin an offense.  Because that's what has happened since Gordon came back, and I don't get it.
  • I wish we had Odell Beckham instead of Justin Gilbert.
  • I wish the Browns would come out next week and just kick the hell out of the Ravens, and end this season on a positive note.
  • For Mike Pettine I wish for some clock management lessons.
  • For Johnny Manziel I wish for some humility and hopefully some resilience.
  • For Alex Mack I wish for health
  • For Chris Tabor I wish for a pink slip
  • For Browns fans, I just wish we had a team to be proud of, we deserve it.

Random gifs and Vines


The Lions are a dirty dirty team




Beast Mode is the best




Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment